It’s so random!
I had a friend named Tonia who always used the word “random.” To this day, I think of her when I hear it. Funny how certain things stick with you, isn’t it?
So Kristy tagged me for a meme. I tend to bow out of those because I can’t get my brain to fulfill the challenge. It’s kind of like how I read a book review that sounds amazing and then when I’m actually in the book store faced with the opportunity to buy any book I want, I can never remember the name of the damn book. With the meme questions, I can never think of anything clever at the moment.
But this one might be doable. Here are the rules she posted:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag seven random [?] people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
I shall fulfill only the first three rules because most people ignore me when I pass such things along. So if ya have a hankering to participate, don’t feel any pressure from me!
1. I often, unconsciously, spell out words in the air with my finger. Like I’m writing on an invisible chalkboard.
2. I have a lip balm addiction. I have tubes in the bathroom, the dining room, my office, on my bedside table, in the car and in a desk drawer at my client’s office.
3. I’m in love with cop dramas like Law & Order and CSI. I could sit all day long and watch them. If I ever had a chance to watch TV, that is.
4. I never buy marshmallow fluff because I would eat the entire jar. Without stopping. I used to sneak into my grandma’s cupboard and eat hers when I visited. I couldn’t just take a spoonful. I would take one, screw the lid back on, then compulsively open the jar again. And again. And again. Before I knew it, half the jar was gone. If my 5-year-old self could do that much damage, just imagine the grown-up me.
5. When John Lennon died, I was 13. I didn’t have a real concept of who The Beatles were before then, but I fell totally in love with the band. I was obsessed. My biggest crush was Paul, but I found out he was six months older than my mom. And you can’t have a crush on someone your mom’s age. Ew! So I used to fantasize that he adopted me and was my dad and it was so cool to have Paul McCartney as your dad because imagine all the stuff he would do and buy for you. Rock on!
6. I talk to myself. A lot. When no one’s home, I actually have conversations. Pretend conversations with other people. Sometimes I just get all of the frustrations I’m having with someone out that way. I just tell ’em off. Even though they have absolutely no idea I’m telling them off. But, you know, it makes ME feel better. So yeah.
7. I like things just so. I’ve been known to straighten the cans and boxes at the grocery store from time to time. When I play Go Fish with Devin, I’m constantly straightening the pile. I used to drive my family bonkers when we played Spoons (you know, that crazy card game where you have to get all four of the same card and then grab a spoon before everyone else does) and I’d straighten out the spoons between rounds.
So there ya have it. Random things. About me. I hope you enjoyed the adventure!
3 thoughts on “It’s so random!”
Unconsciously spelling out words in the air with your finger? Man, it takes a lot of time to spell out words in the air, I think I’d snap back to reality after I spelled the first letter of the word. Hehe. But I’d still like to see you do that unconsciously in the midst of a group of friends. 😉
Lip Balm addiction? I wonder what your husband and kid think about that? Do they enjoy being kissed my sticky-lips or are they accustomed to it yet? Maybe they’re addicted to lip-balm by now too?
Anyways… Lovely facts!
OK, another dope slap of reality that I.Am.Obsolete. Now I have to google ‘meme’ to find out what I’m missing out on….but I so enjoyed your little confessions. That takes courage. : )
Lori, I knew we were friends for a reason, we have the same nutty mind-habits! Like number 6 & 7 and #5 except I imagined Olivia Newton-JOhn was my mom. And 3 and 1 as well. See, you’re not THAT weird!
Comments are closed.